Performance Grade Improvement
- Performance grades affect Google page ranking.
- Page load speed is an important ranking element in Google’s algorithms
- You need a high performance grade and a low page load speed!
Performance Grade is vital to all website owners
Anyone running a website, especially an e-commerce one, is probably well aware that page loading speed is crucial in Google rankings these days.
Many factors govern the speed of a web page, from the set-up of the server to the amount of data you display on a page to whether you correctly optimise your images. We're not going to go into detail about everything but what we will do is point you to an excellent free online tool which will analyse your site and tell you what is wrong and what you can do about it.
There are a couple of important facts that you need to know before we show you where to access this tool.
- you may well have the latest version of software installed, but that is no guarantee that the site is correctly optimised for Google. Any software that is supplied for general use cannot possibly be properly tuned to a specific website in its "out of the box" state - rather like buying a standard car, if you want it to perform better, you need to spend time and money tweaking the engine, as well as applying the go-faster stripes and the shiny alloy wheels!
- it is extremely unlikely that you will reach 100% in the analysis; anything above 90% is excellent whereas a total below 80% means you should take action sooner rather than later.
Whilst there is plenty of explanation on the analysis tool as to what is wrong and how to fix it, you may not have the time to do anything about it. After all, you have an online store to manage and you aren't expected to be a website designer or developer!
However, we make the time here at JSWeb and in most cases, we will be able to get your performance grade up to a very high B, possibly an A with a few hours of work. There are of course caveats to that - results can vary and ANY external content loaded can affect the results and are outside our control eg. Facebook and Twitter feeds, comodo seal, Verisign, google analytics, Trustpass, eKomi etc
Please go to http://gtmetrix.com/ and analyse your site to see if you could benefit from our services. If you wish us to carry out the work, return to this page and purchase this product.